Counseling Groups and Seminars
“Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.”
– Ryunosuke Satoro
Groups offer counseling and education along with the benefit of connecting with others who may have similar goals, challenges and experiences. Group counseling provides validation of our own experience and the opportunity to learn from others. Groups may provide support, focused learning and the benefit of professional counseling services at a lower cost than individual counseling.
Ongoing Counseling Groups
- Shoplifting Treatment, Education and Prevention (S.T.E.P.) classes are offered monthly
Periodic Counseling Groups & Seminars:
- Bi-Monthly Growth & Support Groups
- Topics are based on the needs of the participants and typically include stress management, mindfulness and coping tools to support healthy mood, self-esteem and relationships.
- Groups often incorporate components of
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-i)
- Therapeutic Lifestyle Change (TLC), non-drug treatment of depression (based on program by Dr. Stephen Iladri)
- Relationship Skills & Couples Counseling Groups
- Through Conflict to Connection (based on Getting The Love You Want by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.)
- Quarterly Relationship Tune-Ups
- Coming Soon- Gottman: The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- A 6 session introduction of ACT principles
- Learn new skills to cope with painful thoughts and feelings in a way that supports your goals and allows you to live a better life.
(based on toolkit created by Jenkisa and Ahles)
Educational Groups may be available upon request to meet the needs of your small group or organization. Please call for more information.